The Arkanssouri Blog.: LIBERTARIAN CALLS POLICE.

Monday, October 24, 2005

LIBERTARIAN CALLS POLICE.

Yesterday, late afternoon, I'm out walking my dog and I look in the street in front of my house and see a knife lying there. Not a huge knife, but not particularly small, either. Black handle, silver, locking blade. And the blade is open.

I can think of no lawful reason, and lots of unlawful reasons, for a knife to be lying open in the street, so I don't touch it. I don't want my fingerprints on the thing, and don't want to smudge whoever's prints ARE on it. I go inside and call the police.

It takes a good ten minutes for an officer to get there. I explain to him that I haven't touched it, not even to kick it out of traffic.

He reaches down with his bare hand and picks it up, even pinches the blade closed with his fingers, and tosses it onto the front seat of his car. So much for not contaminating the evidence. If it was evidence of something, that is.

I would feel much better about the whole thing if he'd picked it up with tweezers and dropped it into an evidence bag. Maybe I've been watching too much CSI.

He was kind of cute, though.

[Xposted to PSOD.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>