The Arkanssouri Blog.: Foxhole Objectivist.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Foxhole Objectivist.

Well, one in training, anyway.

From The World From My Perspective v2.0:

Last night I had my sleep rudely inturupted by a mortar attack. No one was hurt or killed, but it was quite tiresome that it occured in the middle of the night. About 2 am. Sleep is in short supply these days and I just didn't need that. The worst part was after it had all been over with my roomates felt they needed to act like idiots for annother hour instead of letting everyone go to sleep.

I also finished We The Living by Ayn Rand. A great book. Not as [philosophically] imposing as her others or as deep, but very entertaining to take a look at the living conditions imposed upon people in the development of the U.S.S.R.. I mean we have all been taught that communism is evil, but this book did a great job at illustrating the reason why.


We The Living is the one Rand novel I could never really get into. I think I succeeded in muddling through it once but have failed in all other attempts. I think it's because the book is lacking the stark philosophical clarity of Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead and even Anthem.

But I'm glad it brought one of America's true heroes a little enjoyment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>