The Arkanssouri Blog.: It was a good idea in theory. / Why not Doug?

Friday, March 03, 2006

It was a good idea in theory. / Why not Doug?

I was gonna come up with a blogosphere scavenger-hunt type game. Every day, I would come up with three search terms with different points for the most recent entry containing one or more of each.

For instance, today the terms would have been "Doug Dascenzo," which would have garnered three points, "got [or getting] busy in a Burger King bathroom," which would have garnered 2 points, and "Strawberry Shortcake" (the character, not the food), which would have garnered 1 point.

In theory, an entry containing "Doug Dascenzo once got busy in a Burger King bathroom with Strawberry Shortcake," if it was the most recent entry I found, would have earned six points. Once a week, I would have tallied up the points and spotlighted the winning blog with an entry here.

Then I found these guys, where EVERY DAY is about Doug Dascenzo.

Kind of puts a damper on my game.

But if you have to be a disciple of SOMEONE, why not Doug Dascenzo?

In my book, a 0.00 ERA ranks right up there with that whole water-into-wine bit in the Miracles hierarchy. After all, ANYBODY, with time and added ingredients can turn water into wine.

But can anybody throw a 0.00?

Come, my brothers and sisters, and worship at the Church of Doug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>