The Arkanssouri Blog.: Synonym, please.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Synonym, please.

This is where I tap the collective mind of my readers.

I need a synonym for "man-hating." Something equivalent to "misogynist," only the other way around.

Here's the story:

This morning, I hear this commercial for Corbett Canyon wine on the radio. Two women are talking about how accessing their wine with a spigot is better/easier than with a corkscrew (I'm thinking they must be talking about box wine. Perhaps they live on skid row).

One of them comments that the idea must have come from a woman. The other asks why she would say that.

"Because it's clever."

Had the script been flipped, and a man had said that about women, the fymynysts would be up in arms about how misogynist it is. I would like to send Corbett Canyon a stern email, lecturing them about how female-on-male sexism is just as bad as male-on-female. But I need a word. "Man-hating" sounds a little too Rush Limbaugh, and "misomascist," even if it is a word, which I doubt, rolls easily off neither the tongue nor the keyboard.

Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

Blogger KipEsquire said...

female chauvinist?

9:47 AM  
Blogger The Last American said...

I appreciate it, but that doesn't quite fit, either. There is something inherently dark and dangerous about a misogynist. The word conjures up the idea that he secretly (or not so secretly) wants to beat women up.

That's not necessarily the case with a male chauvinist.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>