The Arkanssouri Blog.: I'm such a good person.

Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm such a good person.

Over the weekend, Dollar General was running an amazing clearance sale. $5.00 men's belts were selling for a dime apiece.

I bought twenty of them and donated them to the local Goodwill-type free store (Original $5.00 pricetags still on, of course.) The poor can't smoke, drink, or inject the belts, so I know that if they get them, it will be for some legitimate purpose, like keeping their designer jeans up.

In so doing, I earned a few brownie points with God/Santa Claus.

And in spending $2.00, I kept the government from getting more than $6.00 in the sales tax they would have gotten if the poor had to buy the belts at full price.

I did a hundred bucks worth of good for the poor for $2.00. They should put me in charge of the federal government.

Just one big ol' soft & cuddly altruistic elf; that's me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a hell of a thing, sir! We should learn from your example. Now see, this is truly "thousand point of light" stuff here. If we all look for this sort of thing and pitch in, of our own volition, the world would be a better place, and the comrades working for The Man would all lose their jobs, which would rock.

R

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>