The Arkanssouri Blog.: A few unstructured days . . .

Friday, April 09, 2004

A few unstructured days . . .

The routine of going to Country Cottage every other day for lunch and fast food on the days in between was starting to bug me, so yesterday we went down to Fred's Fish House. People recommend their catfish so often and so much that often their burgers are overlooked. Really great burgers they are. I had mine yesterday with cheese, pickles, a little onion and some hot sauce. The place DOES need some serious help from the WHILE YOU WERE OUT or the TRADING SPACES crew. Stark white walls, industrial red carpet, chairs that look straight out of a 1970's McDonald's. I've seen college cafeterias that were better decorated. Maybe they should take a trip up to Diamond Head in West Plains to see how to decorate the interior of a restaurant.

There was an odd little incident at Fred's. A distant cousin (third, I think) of mine walked in. He had changed a lot since I'd last seen him, so I didn't recognize him at first, but after he introduced himself seemed rather happy to see us, but in the middle of the conversation he got this confused look on his face and stammered a little bit. I had no idea why, until I got home and saw myself in the bathroom mirror. I was wearing my Outright Libertarians shirt, and the logo on the front shows the statue of Liberty with rays coming out of her torch that are the colors of the rainbow. Oh. That's why. He didn't know about the Libertarians part. Or the Outright part. Maybe both.


This morning I was up at 4:44 and was at the park by 5:15. It didn't take long to realize it was still too dark and too cold at that time to do my laps, so I went to the State Line Restaurant/Truck Stop for a couple of cups of coffee until it brightened and warmed up a little. Then I went back to the park and got in about 2.4 miles. Then I went to Thayer's Warm Fork Park (this gave me an excuse to get in my car and turn on the heater to warm up a bit; it was still a little chilly) and got a little more distance in. I drove from Warm Fork Park to a little Missouri Conservation area down a dirt road to see what the distance there and back was -- 2.8 miles. I may start walking that sometimes to get out of my rut.

Then I went back home, left the car, and walked to the library. To the library and back is about half a mile.

I may have to up my evening walk from the usual .8 mile in order to make up some lost distance. If it doesn't rain, that is.

Dunno about posting tomorrow. The library may be closed, so I may have to take the Easter weekend off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>