The Arkanssouri Blog.: October Surprise.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

October Surprise.

You just knew one had to come. And here you thought it was the "missing" materials in Iraq, or the health of Chief Justice Rehnquist, or maybe the shots of Arafat in his footie pajamas.

But no, the October Surprise (so far) is a videotape released by the animal.

The question is -- who does it help? Does it serve as a reminder that George Bush has so far failed to capture the animal either dead or alive?

Or does it remind people of the strength George Bush showed following 9/11, and that the world is still a dangerous place, and that the LAST thing we need is a Sensitive War On Terror (S.W.O.T.)?

For me it was the later, and it was enough to make me reconsider voting for Badnarik No Matter What. Monday I'm going to check the Missouri Presidential polls, and if it's within the margin of error, I will consider changing my vote. I'm not saying I WILL change my vote, but I will CONSIDER changing it.

Bush's attacks on civil liberties are atrocious, but we have to ask ourselves, would we rather have SOME civil liberties ignored in America under Bush, or would we rather have NO CIVIL LIBERTIES AT ALL if al-Qaeda succeeds in bringing down our republic?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Hanna said...

The election hasn't happened yet, so I won't say this with 100% certainty, but this is what the videotape release makes me think: The best OBL can do to disrupt our elections is a videotape? Sounds like the Bush administration is doing something right.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>