The Arkanssouri Blog.: My kingdom for a Starbuck's.

Friday, November 12, 2004

My kingdom for a Starbuck's.

One of my fondest memories of Houston was going to the Coffee Plantation every few days for an orange cappucino. Here in Thayer, they think coffee is something you buy in instant, freeze-dried granule form at the grocery store.

I happened upon a coffee shop this morning, Java Jungle. It's one of those small mom-and-pop businesses (only four tables inside) that comes and goes every few months here in Thayer because they rely on word of mouth instead of on advertising like normal people.

I stopped in and ordered a vanilla cappucino. The place had a nice, mellow atmosphere, but when I got the cup, it tasted no better than the stuff they claim is cappucino at the gas station.

Still, I might go back sometime. I just wish a Coffee Plantation or even a Starbucks would open a store nearby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>