The Arkanssouri Blog.: Exercise Bike Update.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Exercise Bike Update.

The bike couldn't be repaired. I spent Saturday going through flea markets trying to find a new one. Finally got a bare-bones one for $7.50 at one of those "perpetual yard sales" that are really flea markets just outside of town. It had 14.8 miles on it. The speedometer and odometer actually work on this one, so I can now count miles instead of songs.

They probably worked on the old one too, but it was digital and too much of a pain in the ass to change the batteries.

I put 12.2 miles on it Saturday, to round out the number, and 12 miles on it yesterday.

This one's lighter and hence more portable than the other, so I can plop it in front of the TV if I want to watch something. TV used to be a very convenient distraction to me. Now I don't have that excuse.

The bad thing is, this one looks almost identical to one I threw in the trash before moving to Thayer because I never used it and didn't want to mess with moving it. And as I recall, it had about ten miles on it.

Now I can once again pedal my ass all I want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>