The Arkanssouri Blog.: The last thing I need...

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The last thing I need...

...is Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the NAACP on my ass.



So I will refrain from pointing out that all of the looters I've seen on CNN appear to be of a certain race.

After several days without food or clean water, I could maybe . . . MAYBE understand breaking into a closed store to get something to eat or drink.

But it hasn't been several days.

And stereos and Budweiser do not number among life's necessities. The nutritional value of Diet Pepsi? Zero.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Hanna said...

Have you ever been to New Orleans, John. Most of the people in New Orleans, especially the poorest ones who didn't have cars to drive out, are of that certain race.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Tom Hanna said...

I didn't realize I was dwelling on the pigment of a person's skin. I was pointing out a demographic fact - in an area where the majority of people share some feature, it's not unlikely that the majority of (looters, drug users, preachers, lawyers, bass fisherman, whatever) will also share that feature. It borders on tautological truth.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>