The Arkanssouri Blog.: Time, time ticketh...

Monday, September 19, 2005

Time, time ticketh...

Somehow, over the weekend, I've gained two years. Now I'm scheduled to die Friday, September 29th, 2017.

At least I'll make it past the 2016 Presidential elections.

I wonder what it'd take to stretch it out until after the 2020 ones?

Quitting smoking will only give me a couple years of borrowed time -- I'd die Wednesday, October 2, 2019.

Damn. Switching from a pessimistic personality to a normal one would then push back the reaper until Tuesday, November 1, 2039. But I know me. Ain't gonna happen.

If this thing factored in the history of heart disease on my father's side (heart attack took my dad at age 68 and his dad at 56) and the history of cancer and stroke on my mother's, my expiration date would be about . . . last Tuesday.

Ask not for whom the reaper gestures; he gestures for me.

I have GOT to get my affairs in order.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Hanna said...

Don't worry, I'll drive down to Thayer and vote for you in 2020...but you'll be voting Republican.

9:22 PM  
Blogger The Last American said...

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Ten years ago, you were a Libertarian. You've moved leftward one political party in the ten years since.

Which means ten years from now, you'll be a Democrat.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>