The Arkanssouri Blog.: Didn't make it.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Didn't make it.

You'll recall this letter to the editor I sent in Tuesday to the South Missourian News. I hung around the house all day waiting for a confirmation call (yeah, I gave them my phone number.)

It never came.

And when the paper came out Thursday, the letter wasn't in there.

Their deadline for submissions is Tuesday, and I just checked my Sent folder and it was sent Tue 25 Oct 2005 10:12:48 AM EDT.

Maybe they didn't have room this week on their editorial page, you ask? Nope. I couldn't find ANY letters to the editor at all.

On a (perhaps) related note, the local radio station has been filling up it's hourly news slot with an interview with the economic developer from Houston, MO, asking him about the need for a community to have an economic developer. What do they THINK someone whose job depends upon creating the perception that an economic developer is needed is going to say? "No, an economic developer is totally unnecessary and a waste of tax dollars?" I don't think so.

One more edition of the SMN comes out before the election. I'm holding onto the (slim) hope that my letter will be included. If it's not, I won't be a happy camper.

But just in case, I'm sending it to the West Plains Daily Quill and other local papers, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>