The Arkanssouri Blog.: Look what popped up on Brainhop's sidebar today.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Look what popped up on Brainhop's sidebar today.

So I'm doing my daily scan of Brainhop, and today this article on the solidity/fluidity of ketchup appeared at the top of the sidebar.

Damn strange thing to study, I thought. I wonder if it tells how much taxpayer money is going to the project.

It didn't say, but I did find this. (Emphasis mine.):

Researchers hope that a space-experiment called CVX-2 (short for "Critical
Viscosity of Xenon-2") will soon provide new data about the basic physics of
such fluids. Berg is the principal investigator for the experiment, which is
slated to fly this summer onboard space shuttle Columbia (STS-107).

I got news for 'em. Ain't gonna happen. I emailed them and asked when the article was published, suggesting they print that date at the top of the article. Or if they had the wrong shuttle, that was an easy enough fix.

[Update: It was a past mission. The last shuttle mission was STS-114, which would mean the Columbia disaster was STS-113. (Right? Or am I making unfounded assumptions?)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>