The Arkanssouri Blog.: Two for you dream-interpreter types.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Two for you dream-interpreter types.

For awhile now, I've had two recurring dreams. Sometimes they merge into one.

In the first, the people who now live in the house we lived in before we moved to Thayer (convoluted description, I know, but I don't know how to concisify it) are gone on a lengthy vacation and my mother and I are staying there in our old house without their knowledge. They have made little, if any, changes. Even our old furniture (most of which WE don't even own anymore) is still there, still in the same arrangement as the way we had it. They are about to return from vacation and we are scrambling to get our stuff and leave.

In the second, my dad, who died in January 1997, returns. We were mistaken; he didn't really die. A couple of times, he has been in a coma in a hospital all these years and has just woken up. Most of the time, however, he left us to go live with his (nonexistent in the real-world) girlfriend, without even bothering to let us know he is still alive. In one, he even identified her as "an English teacher that lives in Mammoth Spring." I don't even know the teachers in Thayer, let alone Mammoth Spring. He's always ready to get back with my mom permanently. And while we are glad to have him back (despite the whole girlfriend/abandonment thing), his return inevitably causes problems. Our lives are shaped differently now, and he doesn't fit into them. For instance, I NEVER would have cursed in front of him or my mom while he was alive, and now I'm constantly goddamming something or calling some idiot driver a fucking douchebag. And mom does too.

What do these mean?

I believe that recurring dreams are trying to tell the dreamer something, but I'll be damned if I can figure these two out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>