The Arkanssouri Blog.: My all-male adventure at Wal-Mart.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My all-male adventure at Wal-Mart.

So I'm looking at Wal-Mart yesterday for some garden-hose menders. I find lots of them, but they're all the male end. I need both the male and female end (I guess that would make me bigardenhosual).

I grab a cheap plastic male end and put it in my cart and look far and wide for the female menders. Finally, way off far away from the males (kind of like the Dragon Ranch in Ava) I find a box of female menders. They are brass and cost three times as much as the plastic male mender I had in my cart.

Damn fymynysts.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the fact that the female cost more than the male one..three times more in fact..its a great comparison to life, because im sure if you compared the spending habits alone of most males to females, the females would outspend them at least 3x..but the males would outearn them at least 3x..

interesting isnt it?

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the fact that the female cost more than the male one..three times more in fact..its a great comparison to life, because im sure if you compared the spending habits alone of most males to females, the females would outspend them at least 3x..but the males would outearn them at least 3x..

interesting isnt it?

2:32 PM  
Blogger Tom Hanna said...

You mean you couldn't make the repair without the female? I'd assume gay activists would have come up with an alternative by now...maybe you should get to work on producing a husband-equivalent for your hosemendingthingy. (OTOH, heterosexuals just use duct tape.)

6:37 PM  
Blogger The Last American said...

Duct tape was highly ineffective at repairing a pinhole at the other end of the hose.

By the time I get through repairing the damn thing, I will have more money in it than it would have cost to buy a new hose.

But that would be wasteful of the old hose.

And then there's the fact that I REFUSE TO BE BEATEN BY A HOSE.

8:49 AM  
Blogger The Last American said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Tom Hanna said...

I REFUSE TO BE BEATEN BY A HOSE.

Well, at least we know one thing you're not into.

4:16 PM  
Blogger The Last American said...

Yes, it's true; I am a pain pig only when I am the one inflicting the pain upon myself.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>