The Arkanssouri Blog.: The Democrat-Gazette version of "flyover people."

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Democrat-Gazette version of "flyover people."

Apparently, if you don't live in Arkansas, your opinion doesn't matter.

...letters from out of state are not accepted,...


So, okay. I'll write my letter here instead. And while I'm at it, I just might think about removing the link to the Democrat-Gazette from my sidebar.

Thank you note.

I'd like to thank the legislators of Arkansas for their decision to remove the ability of restaurant owners to decide whether or not to allow smoking in their establishments.

Here in the little border town of Thayer, Missouri, where business owners still have the right to decide for themselves what happens on their property, it has led to a boom in the restaurant business. We're practically being swarmed with Arkansans who want to enjoy a good cigarette after their meals.

Thanks for sending all the tobacco refugees, and their money, our way! I'm sure our little city can find all sorts of ways to spend the tax revenue this generates, which used to go to Arkansas communities.

Keep up the good work!

John Hutchison,
Thayer MO.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>