The Arkanssouri Blog.: Speaking of Jesus . . .

Monday, January 14, 2008

Speaking of Jesus . . .

. . . has anyone else heard the story of Jesus throwing someone (maybe a child) off of a roof so He could resurrect him? If so, where can I find it?

'Cuz it would come in handy the next time I see one of those "Who would Jesus torture?" signs.

Or am I imagining the whole thing (which sometimes happens)?

If that's the case, I won't have been this disillusioned since that time I found out my entire existence was confined within a snowglobe belonging to an autistic child.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...Jesus didn't throw him off the roof. He resurrected the dead kid when townsfolk accused Jesus of throwing him off the roof. And strangely enough, the dead kid testified on Jesus' behalf.

But it's all apocryphal. Not real biblical stuff. You won't find it in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John.

callie

12:53 PM  
Blogger The Last American said...

From now on, I go to Callie for all my apocryphal/Biblical research! :)

I'm wondering where I heard it, if it's not in MML or J.

Maybe that Mailer book...

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>