The Arkanssouri Blog.: A Libertarian In Favor Of The Language Police.

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

A Libertarian In Favor Of The Language Police.

Bill Lower apparently believes the government should dictate the definitions of words in this article on gay marriage.

Libertarian candidate Bill Lower, Fair Play, said he has mixed feelings on the subject.

"Libertarian-wise, I don't think it is the business of government to tell a person they can or can't do something. My personal feelings (on the potential ballot initiative) is that it may have some bearing on how its worded. Calling it marriage is not to be allowed. I come at this from a different point than a lot of people look at it. I'm a former English major and I think of it in that way. I have no opinion on civil unions, but don't call it marriage," Lower said.

Lower said that he views marriage as sacred and will wait to take a position until he has an opportunity to read

"If it is worded properly, I would probably not be opposed to it. I'd have to see exactly what it says and my support would be somewhat lukewarm," he said.


Am I the only REAL Libertarian left?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>