The Arkanssouri Blog.: Slow News Day, so I rate energy drinks!

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Slow News Day, so I rate energy drinks!

A while ago, I compared the advantages of Sugar-Free Red Bull and Pimp Juice. Today, I'll expand on that.

First, a quick tutorial on my methodology. There are five factors I'm considering -- cost (C), taste (T), availability (A), buzz factor (BF), and diet compatibility (D). I give each factor a ranking of 1 (worst) to 5 (best). Then I add up all the factors for that beverage and divide by 5 (the number of categories). The result I give in stars.

Sugar Free Red Bull: C-2, T-2, A-5, BF-5, D-5. Total 19/5 categories equals 3.6 stars out of 5.

Pimp Juice: C-2, T-5, A-1, BF-1, D-1. Total 10, or 2 stars out of 5.

Nitro2go (Diet version): C-2, T-4, A-2, BF-2, D-4. 2.8 stars. It's not as sweet as Pimp Juice, but the taste isn't bad.

KMX energy drink: C-2, T-2, A-5, BF-1, D-1. 2.2 stars.

AriZona Rx Energy: C-2, T-3, A-4, BF-3, D-1. 2.6 stars.

Starbucks doubleshot espresso: C-1, T-2, A-3, BF-3, D-2. 2.2 stars. It costs what seems to be the "standard" for energy drinks, $1.99 a can, but the can is only 6.5 ounces instead of 8.4 ounces like the rest.

Mountain Dew Amp energy drink: C-2, T-3, A-3, BF-4, D-1. 2.6 stars.

Jim Beam Beam & Cola: C-4, T-5, A-5, BF-5, D-1. 4 stars. The winner.

I wanted to rate YJ Stinger, mostly due to their Magnificent Goofball spokesman Kenny Wallace, but I couldn't find any in my area.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>