The Arkanssouri Blog.: Why hello there, old friend. I've missed you.

Saturday, May 01, 2004

Why hello there, old friend. I've missed you.

Stopped at the liquor store yesterday for some Evan Williams and a six-pack of Green Light. Passing by the non-alcoholic cooler, I noticed some Pimp Juice, which I wanted to try to see how it compared with Red Bull. I grabbed a can, then made my way to the beer cooler, then to the whisky shelf.

When I got to the checkout, the cashier saw that my Pimp Juice can was bent and asked if I wanted to get another one instead. I walked back to the back of the store, passing the beer cooler on the way. There I saw a familiar honey-yellow package with Germanic-looking letters on it. They actually had Shiner Bock. I hadn't noticed it before because I was focused on finding Green Light.

I hadn't had Shiner since leaving Texas. No more beer than I drink, it would have been too expensive and too much of a hassle to have one of the liquor stores or convenience stores special order it for me. I grabbed a six-pack of the bottles.

The first thing I did when I got home was pop open a bottle. Damn it was good. When all you have is corporate beer, you forget how good good beer tastes.

It won't help my carb diet, but I've been too depressed to worry about that lately anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>