The Arkanssouri Blog.: Bush -- not a fiscal conservative?

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Bush -- not a fiscal conservative?

He's got both houses of Congress in his corner. And yet, as absitinvidia.com shows us here, he's presided over a 25.3% growth in non-defense discretionary spending.

With the help of cut-and-paste, I can show you how that compares with some of his peers.

Reagan I -9.7%
Reagan II +0.2%
Bush (41) +13.9%
Clinton I +0.7%
Clinton II +14.4%
Bush (43) +25.3%

So, let's see, he walks in lockstep with the bad half of conservatism -- the social conservatives, yet he abandons the good half of conservatism -- the fiscal conservatives.

And I voted for this guy?

I have to keep repeating to myself "It was him or Janet Reno. It was him or Janet Reno. It was him or Janet Reno."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another one to make your heart break in tiny pieces:

"[T]he role of government is to stand there and say, 'We're going to help you.' The job of the federal government is to fund the providers who are actually making a difference."

George W. Bush

Steve - Absit Invidia

10:18 AM  
Blogger The Last American said...

I read that with dismay on Absit Invidia this morning.

Government exists to defend the rights of it's citizens -- life, liberty, property, privacy -- and to provide for a common defense.

I guess Big Brutha Dubya can't understand that.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>