The Arkanssouri Blog.: Text of my letter to the Missouri Municipal League.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Text of my letter to the Missouri Municipal League.

Subject: Information about Thayer MO.

I'm hoping you guys can help me confirm something the mayor of Thayer told me. He said he got his information from the Missouri Municipal League, so I'm thinking you guys would be the ones to check with to see if his information is accurate.

He said that Thayer is a fourth-class city and that a fourth-class city cannot exercise the power of eminent domain. Is this true?

And if so, can such a city enact an ordinance restricting it's own use of eminent domain?

Thanks in advance for your help.
John Hutchison, Blogmaster
The Arkanssouri Blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>