The Arkanssouri Blog.: Got a response on my idea to use the school for an evacuee shelter.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Got a response on my idea to use the school for an evacuee shelter.

Unfortunately, it wasn't quite the response I was looking for:

In order to coordinate all efforts, the Governor has appointed Adjutant
General King Sidwell to be Missouri's Hurricane Relief Coordinator. Your
idea for the school has merit. Your city officials should contact the
Adjutant General to alert him if it is indeed available. Contact numbers
for Emergency Operations Centers are 573-638-9803, 573-638-9804,
573-638-9805.

Thank you for thinking of those in need.

Chuck Purgason


I already know ahead of time what the response will be from my local officials. Though they won't say it, they will be thinking "We don't want any of those people here." And they will flat out reject the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>