The Arkanssouri Blog.: I'm a product of the public school system . . .

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I'm a product of the public school system . . .

. . . so I need a little help with this one, because I sure don't understand.

How, exactly, does raising taxes on oil companies make gas prices go down?

Bush said that high gasoline prices are like a hidden tax on consumers and businesses, although he said the nation's economy was strong. He urged Congress
to take back some of the billions of dollars in tax incentives it gave energy
companies, saying that with record profits, they don't need the breaks.


The price is too high, so we're going to increase it by raising taxes on the company?

I wish I'd gone to Yale, so maybe I could understand it better, so maybe it wouldn't seem like some bastard relic of the Soviet Union.

Or maybe he'd drinking again and I can't understand because I'm sober.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>