The Arkanssouri Blog.: Yeah, REAL funny, asshole.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Yeah, REAL funny, asshole.

In Stephen Laffey's world, this is funny:

[about Boy George, emphasis mine.]

"It wears girl's clothes and puts on makeup," he wrote. "When I hear it sing, 'Do you really want to hurt me, do you really want to make me cry,' I say to myself, YES, I want to punch your lights out, pal, and break your ribs."


Laffey must have found the murder of Matthew Shepard, and the thousands of attacks that happen on gay people in America every year, absolutely hilarious.

Laffey will henceforth be known in this blog as "the pro-hate-crime candidate."

UPDATE: Context is everything here. Laffey was writing this vomit while attending Bowdoin College in Maine in 1983 and 1984. In Maine in 1984, Charles Howard was thrown from a bridge to his death for being gay. I find it interesting that at the same time Howard was murdered, Laffey "thought it was funny" to write about breaking a gay man's ribs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>