The Arkanssouri Blog.: Minion Participation Time.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Minion Participation Time.

A couple of mornings ago, I went to a local convenience store.

One of the things I bought was a scratch-off lottery ticket.

I pay for my items and go out to the car.

Before heading home, I scratch off the lottery ticket.

While I am doing so, a black pickup pulls into the parking space next to mine.

The guy leaves it running, apparently to keep the air conditioning going, and goes in for a quick stop.

I look over and see, in the passenger seat, a baby in a car seat. Left alone. In an unlocked, running truck.

Question: Should I have left a note under his windshield wiper that said, "In the time it took you to get back out here, I COULD have stolen both your truck AND your baby."?

Or could that have been interpreted as a threat, which in today's surveillance society, probably would have been caught on camera?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rakeela said...

It probably would have been interpreted as a threat. You would've opened yourself up to some risk in the action of chastising the man for his foolishness.

In an ideal society what he did wouldn't be dangerous in the slightest. We don't live in an ideal society. Your reaction (recognizing the action as foolish and wanting to take steps to prevent it in the future) was probably the most appropriate one.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>