The Arkanssouri Blog.: I am a Nether-American.

Friday, October 05, 2007

I am a Nether-American.

My interest in genealogy comes and goes, but I did find out something interesting in the past couple of days -- my mother's paternal grandfather's mother was from Holland.

I knew on my dad's side there was English, German and Native-American and on my mother's side was English and Native-American, and some vague references to me being related to Winston Churchill and Phillip Livingston, which I guess would make me Scotch as well.

WHODAFX is Phillip Livingston, you ask? Only the most AWESOME Livingston to sign the Declaration of Independence!

But I didn't know about my Hollandaise roots.

So when is Dutch-American History Month? And when's the next Dutch Pride parade?

And where do I get some FABulous wooden shoes to go with my kilt?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not Dutch, John, but I show my solidarity with you people by wearing my Crocs clogs to work.

I do believe that Livingston signed the same document as one of my ancestors named Middleton, from South Carolina.

Wow, Dutch John...man, you have a town or a dam or reservoir in northeastern Utah named after you-I have vague memories of being there as a child.

R

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>