The Arkanssouri Blog.: Humvee seatbelt failure saves woman.

Monday, July 12, 2004

Humvee seatbelt failure saves woman.

From the Detroit News:

Peeden, a Reservist who was deployed with the 372nd Mobile Public Affairs Detachment, said she thinks her life was actually saved by her seat belt popping open because sand clogged its buckle, sending her flying onto the Baghdad highway, crushing her leg.
“When I look at the pictures of my Humvee upside down, I think without a roll bar it was a good thing I was ejected,” said Peeden, an Alabama schoolteacher who was recovering from injuries along with the other three occupants at Fort Stewart in Georgia. “I’m a firm seat belt user. If I’d had the seat belt on I would have been crushed to death. My seat was basically on the ground.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>