The Arkanssouri Blog.: You think I'm being hyperbolic . . .

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

You think I'm being hyperbolic . . .

. . . when I say the Democrats have built their entire philosophy and sense of life around envy? Then take a look at one Fired Up Missouri poster's lengthy gripe about the fact that 9th District Congressman Kenny Hulshof has a wine cellar.

I live in Hulshof's district. Not in the fancy part of Kenny's neighborhood
where the homes have wine cellars, but in decidely un-French Southern Boone
County. Folks where I live --as is the case in much of the rural 9th
Congressional-- drink Budweiser from the can, Miller Lite if it's on sale.


Horrors!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom Hanna said...

Just more proof that these durn highfalutin rich liberals are out of touch with us regular folk. Around here we drink Milwaukee's Best or Natural Lite if it's on sale.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No dang kidding, $4.99 for Milwaukee's Best Ice-why drink anything else?

R

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...er, I meant $4.99 per 12 pack of cans-and the Ice version is 5.9% alcohol by volume-a drunkard's dream if I ever did see one!

R

11:34 PM  
Blogger The Last American said...

You boys and your expensive tastes.

True, it's been a few years back, but you can't beat $2.99/12 Schlitz Ice from the convenience store in Moody, MO.

Somehow, I never made it all the way home to Sturkie with more than six or seven beers left.

They just . . . disappeared.

Good thing I was on the backroads.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>