The Arkanssouri Blog.: If I was voting in the Republican primary . . .

Friday, August 04, 2006

If I was voting in the Republican primary . . .

. . . these would be my choices.

In the Senate race, I narrowed it down to two choices -- Roxie L. Fausnaught and Scott Babbitt.

Fausnaught doesn't want the job. She's only running because her boyfriend "made her." I can think of no-one more suited to the job of Senator than someone who doesn't want the job. But then we read on and find that her boyfriend is charged with statutory sodomy on someone younger than 14.

Here in Arkanssouri, we don't vote for people who love child molesters.

So that leaves Babbitt. I agree with virtually none of his positions and find him distasteful. However, if I voted in the Republican primary, I would vote for him for ONE reason -- the Secretary of State considers his campaign site to be thoughtcrime.

From the Columbia Missourian article:

Babbitt is particularly concerned about the fact that a link to his campaign Web site — http://www.scottbabbitt4senate06.info/ — is not listed in the “Filed Candidates” section of the Missouri Secretary of State’s Web site. [Here.] Babbitt, who also ran for Senate in 2002, believes the reason is personal.

[snip]

He accused the Secretary of State’s office of tampering with the election by failing to post the link to his Web site.

Mike Seitz, a spokeman for Secretary of State Robin Carnahan, said Babbitt’s site was omitted because it’s offensive.

Not obscene, mind you. Offensive. There are no dirty words or pictures on the site. Just political opinions. Wrong political opinions, I'll grant you. But it is not the job of the Secretary of State's office to filter out from public discourse those political opinions that it finds distasteful. It reeks of something straight out of Orwell.

Moving on to the race for state auditor, I'm thinking Jack Jackson.

That leaves Circuit Judge, which has two seekers -- Richard Moore and David Paul Evans. This is a tossup. I'd probably leave this one blank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>