The Arkanssouri Blog.: So much for my mad prognosticatin' skilz.

Friday, September 08, 2006

So much for my mad prognosticatin' skilz.

I picked Miami over Pittsburgh. Even weighed it at 31 (out of 31).

I suck.

I'm tempted to quit before I totally embarrass myself.

But on the bright side, it got me interested in football again. I actually made it through a whole game for the first time since circa 1997. I listened more than watched, though, because beer and Front Page Sports Football Pro '96 were happening in the other room.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Whited said...

Courage!

I picked Miami too. I guess I got caught up in early season euphoria, because one of my rules to myself in these sorts of things is that I should go with the home team in the NFL if teams are equally matched, especially in pools that don't use the point spread. Obviously, I should have paid attention to my rule. I overreacted to the Pittsburgh QB news. Bleh.

Many many more weeks of football to make up for it!

10:48 AM  
Blogger The Last American said...

My system for dealing with equal matchups is an alternate scoring method I stole from some sportscaster a long time ago:

Winning a home game or losing a road game doesn't change the tally.

Winning a road game gets you a +1.
Losing a home game gets you a -1.

Now all I have to do is keep up with who won or lost what where.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>