The Arkanssouri Blog.: I wish I could find a transcript online of this.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I wish I could find a transcript online of this.

Haley Barbour made an excellent point on C-SPAN a few days ago, speaking at the Federalist Society. It ran along the lines of

Mississippi and New Orleans were hit by the same hurricane. Mississippi didn't have the initial failures to provide relief to people, at least not on the same scale as New Orleans. Mississippi is well on it's way to a full recovery. New Orleans hasn't even really begun and doesn't look like it ever will. Given that both New Orleans and Mississippi have the same federal government, how can it possibly be the federal government's fault?

[Update: There's supposedly a video of the speech here, but I can't get the page to load.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>