The Arkanssouri Blog.: TO THE RESCUE! Here's the update . . .

Monday, December 04, 2006

TO THE RESCUE! Here's the update . . .

. . . to this post I promised you.

Mr. Hanna asked, then for some reason deleted, a question about why I pointed to him and Kevin for the A-Team and Snoopy bedsheets, respectively, and suggested that it may have been a nutmeg-induced hallucination on my part.

The following picture was taken of Mr. Hanna's bed in room 208 in Hammons House (which used to be orange, by the way) on the campus of then-SMSU the summer of 1987. I have obscured the identity of his groupie with a Kennedy-rape-trial-purple-dot.


If you can't make out the A-Team pattern, I have helpfully cut them out, enlarged them, and in some cases rotated them to make them easier to identify:


Also on the item the words "TO THE RESCUE!" appear repeatedly.

So, unless one can photograph a nutmeg-based hallucination, such an item did indeed exist. Now, it's possible that it belonged to Mr. VanSant or Mr. Townley, but that raises the question of why Mr. Van Sant or Mr. Townley's bed dressing would be on Mr. Hanna's bed.

Kevin waves (or at least did about a decade ago) his freak flag, or in this case his Snoopy pillowcase, high, affectionately referring to it as "Noopy." I trust I do not need to present evidence that he brought it to college.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Hanna said...

Points:

1 - Clearly I have some sort of dementia as I honestly had forgotten that blanket, and you shouldn't pick on the mentally ill.

2 - That brings up a second point. It's a blanket, not a sheet.

3 - 1987. That was technically "Precollege". I did remember that I actually came to college in 1988 with brand new bedsheets.

4 - I pity the fool that makes fun of the A-Team.

5 - I had a groupie...I'm a rockstar, it's my birthday...

9:46 PM  
Blogger Kevin Whited said...

Kevin waves (or at least did about a decade ago) his freak flag, or in this case his Snoopy pillowcase, high, affectionately referring to it as "Noopy." I trust I do not need to present evidence that he brought it to college.

Ha ha ha! I think that thing may be in my rag box in the garage. I'm not gonna photograph it, though. :)

Don't mess with Snoopy or the A-Team! You be messing with the wrong folks!

7:48 AM  
Blogger The Last American said...

"1 - Clearly I have some sort of dementia as I honestly had forgotten that blanket, and you shouldn't pick on the mentally ill."

Perhaps you have suppressed the memory because you associate it with the ravioli-haired Flute Clarence.

"2 - That brings up a second point. It's a blanket, not a sheet."

I stand corrected. An A-Team BLANKET is MUCH better than A-Team sheets.

"3 - 1987. That was technically "Precollege". I did remember that I actually came to college in 1988 with brand new bedsheets."

I suppose it depends on what the definition of "college" is. We were on a college campus, staying in a college residence hall, taking college courses for college credit. But we WERE, in fact, participating in the "Presidential Precollege Program."

"4 - I pity the fool that makes fun of the A-Team."

As someone who would still frequent comic book stores if they weren't so damn far away, I must concur.

"5 - I had a groupie...I'm a rockstar, it's my birthday..."

The other option for my characterization of her was "Tom's heterosexual bed-wench." If you'd like I can go back and change it.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>