The Arkanssouri Blog.: Tammy Faye, RIP.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Tammy Faye, RIP.

I was one of those who ridiculed her during the PTL mess. I was young. She made such an easy target. Little did I know that it would be she who had the last laugh.

It would have been the easiest thing in the world for her to hide in seclusion for the rest of her life.

But she didn't.

She spent the rest of her life making amends for the sins of her [ex]husband. She taught us that it's never too late to reinvent yourself and to get to work on earning your earthly redemption.

As for her heavenly redemption? That's one I'll leave for others. I do not claim to know what God is thinking.

Second acts are hard to come by in this world where we're all pretty much set in our ways. Hers was gaudy and unbowed and fabulous to the end.

Asked by King what she would most like to be remembered for, Messner [laughingly and jokingly] replied, "well, my eyelashes."


Spectacular.

More on the Patron Saint of Drag Queens here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>