The Arkanssouri Blog.: Theory vs. Reality.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Theory vs. Reality.

Saturday I made a batch of cornbread using Jiffy corn muffin mix.

It tasted okay, but mostly it tasted like a corn dog without the weiner.

So, yesterday, I had a brilliant idea. Get some little smokies and another box of mix, mix them together, and make Corn Dog Bread.

When I took it out of the oven and turned it over onto a plate, it came all apart.

It was the most unappetizing-looking thing that has ever been seen since that scene in Pink Flamingos.

And, like Divine, I ate it anyway.

It actually tasted pretty good. But having to eat it with a spoon ruined the whole effect I was going for.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the final days of my relationship with my girlfriend Jana, a couple years ago, we were using up old stocks of foodstuffs she had, and were going to make Jiffy corn muffins, but she'd sent her muffin tins to her new place in Chicago, so we made corn "cookies" on a pizza pan and used them to dip into Indian style spicy red lentil "dal" and that was *damned* fine eatin'!

R

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>