The Arkanssouri Blog.: The worst publicity blunder for a beverage since New Coke.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

The worst publicity blunder for a beverage since New Coke.

Alternate title: "Cornbread and Pepsi took the place of pills and Budweiser."

Budweiser lets Pepsi replace them as Junior's sponsor.

Stupid, stupid beer company! Without Junior and Earnhardt Nation, Bud is just another American beer. What, are they counting on replacing the lost consumers with both of the members of Kahne Nation? (And by "both" I mean Jesus and Mama, because I can't think of anyone else that loves him. Even those chicks that stalk him in his commercials are paid to stalk him.)

Jesus and Mama don't drink Bud, people.

It will be kind of funny to watch Jeff Gordon be pelted with Pepsi cans, though. They've sponsored him for how long?

[*SLAPS OWN HAND* BAD blogger! BAD BAD!!! We do not condone throwing beverage cans at drivers, no matter how big an a-hole they are! Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!]

And at least now Junior will win the Pepsi 400 once in awhile.

NASCAR will tell you there's no correlation between certain drivers with certain sponsors winning at certain tracks and/or races that have the same sponsors, but any reasonable observer can see that's total bull. Jimmie Johnson at Lowe's Motor Speedway ring a bell?

Maybe that's why Junior hasn't won any races this year. There's no Budweiser 500.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I am contacting conservative bloggers around the country since I am one as well. I hope this email is not an intrusion.

First of all, Budweiser called itself the king of beers, but that is self proclaimed. Junior was anointed the new elvis of Nascar, but as much as I root for him, he has no championships.

Dale Earnhardt Senior promoted himself well, but it was about him and the sport, not the sponsors. There will always be sponsors, but for Junior it means nothing until he wins a championship. I hope he does.

Anyway, I would like it very much if you would go to http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/21020
and vote for me for best political blog and best overall blog as well, IF AND ONLY IF you feel my blog is of a high quality. I really think I have a legitimate shot at winning. If you are open to spreading the word, that would be cool as well.

Thank you.

eric aka www.blacktygrrrr.wordpress.com

P.S. If you are open to doing a link exchange, I get some pretty decent traffic.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>