The Arkanssouri Blog.: More from the Dirty Tricks Squad.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

More from the Dirty Tricks Squad.

I was voter Number Nine. I arrived somewhere between 6:15 and 6:30, I'd guess.

The polling place was at the Thayer Senior Citizens Center. On the door of the Center was a sign in big red letters that said "NO ELECTIONEERING WITHIN 25 FEET OF THE POLLING PLACE," or something to that effect.

Standing not five feet, and likely not three feet, was one of the pro-tax crowd, passing out pro-tax literature.

At 6:45 I attempted a call to the Oregon County Clerk to report them. No answer.

I realized having photographic proof might be a good idea and left for Wal-Mart to pick up a cheap disposable camera. I swung by the polling place first and saw that she wasn't there, so I returned home.

I still wanted a complaint on the record, so I attempted another call to the county clerk. Still no answer.

At 7:15 I finally got an answer. He said he had just returned from the Thayer Senior Center and nobody was there, asked if I had reported it to the election officials. I said no. He explained that they couldn't be within 25 feet of the door. I said that she wasn't even five feet, and probably not three, from the door. He said he'd take care of it.

I realized after hanging up that he didn't ask my name or phone number, or what time I had seen it.

On my way here to the library, I swung by the center again. She was back, further away, but I seriously doubt it was the 25 feet required. She was sitting on a chair that looked suspiciously like the ones used in the senior center, with a big pro-tax yard sign set up beside her.

I wouldn't make a big deal of this, but I KNOW that if I had done it, my ass would be sitting over in the pokey right now.

I'm about to do my best to sic the media onto them. I won't even bother contacting the local radio station, though. As noted previously, the President of the TCBA works in upper management there, so it would do absolutely no good at all to contact them, and might in fact be detrimental to my cause to tip them off.

After I get done with that, I'm heading back home to stay by the phone in case someone needs a ride.

[Update: Notified the MO Sec. of State, too. They may get away with it, but they won't get away with it unnoticed.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>