The Arkanssouri Blog.: Conspiracy!

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Conspiracy!

Okay, so I like to eat cheap lunches at Dairy Queen. On Mondays and Thursdays it's the $3.19 special (Double cheeseburger and bacon cheeseburger meals, respectively). The other days it's a tossup between a $1.59 cheeseburger with water, a $1.29 medium soda, or a $1.39 order of battered fried mushrooms with water, or rarely a $2.79 chicken strip kids meal.

Thing is, I need to get back to carb counting so I can start to get my weight under control again.

So I wondered how many carbs are in an order of mushrooms. It seemed like a reasonable enough question, and one that would be easily answered by looking on the nutrition facts poster in the DQ.

I did. I could not find any mention of fried mushrooms anywhere.

No problem, I thought. I'll just check on the DQ website. I did this Thursday.

When I clicked on the Menus & Nutrition link, it took me here. I went down to the Nutrition Charts link, which took me here. I saw the Food & Treats Nutrition Facts link and thought I was getting somewhere.

But when I clicked on it, all that came up was a blank white page. I tried this several times with the same result.

Must be some problem with the site, I thought. I'll try it again Saturday.

Just tried it again. Same thing.

Why are they intent on hiding the makeup of their mushrooms from me? Why is there a conspiracy to keep me fat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>