The Arkanssouri Blog.: Gee, I wonder why.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Gee, I wonder why.

Note to Carrie Underwood:

Maybe he wouldn't have cheated on you if you weren't a psycho nihilist vandal who does things like this:

I dug my key into the side of his pretty little suped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seats.
I took a louisville slugger to both head lights,
slashed a hole in all 4 tires.


Tell me; does vandalizing his car solve the problem? Does it somehow make him NOT have cheated? Do you honestly think he's going to be faithful to you, after you do stuff like this?

Look in the mirror, Carrie. Maybe the problem lies not with him or her, but with you.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

The only psycho is you for writing this blog. It's just a song 4 goodness sakes. It's not meant to be analyzed to a "T". Get over it!!!

It would have been better if you had just said you don't like Carrie Underwood or her music. I would have respected that more. I mean, isn't that what you are inferring from your blog????

11:53 AM  
Blogger The Last American said...

Karen, Karen, Karen . . .

Given that I wrote the post, I doubt I need to do any "inferring" about it.

Words have meanings. Please learn the difference between "imply" and "infer."

I have no opinion about Carrie Underwood.

And as for her music (pay attention here, Kare. Think really hard), one of the reasons I don't like her music is exactly the sense of life she demonstrates in this song.

If it is your opinion that songs are only to be heard and not listened to or thought about, then kindly get off my blog. Nonthinkers are not welcome here.

If Miss Underwood did not intend for her songs to be examined for content, she would have written nonsense syllables with the same meter and rhyme scheme. That would have accomplished her goal.

Assuming, of course, that you are correct in your belief that she didn't intend to convey any message in her song.

My belief is that she did intend to convey a message -- a bad one. One that states irrational violence for violence's sake is perfectly acceptable.

I disagree; and I have no problem letting others know I disagree.

Regards,
John

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
<<-Arkansas Blog+>>